• CSX training center

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by bukfevr

Anyone been to the CSX training center in Atlanta, GA? I go next week and was wondering if I will be sharing a motel room with someone or does CSX give everyone a room to their own? I know NS makes you share a room, but I have no idea about CSX.
  by jg greenwood

bukfevr wrote:Anyone been to the CSX training center in Atlanta, GA? I go next week and was wondering if I will be sharing a motel room with someone or does CSX give everyone a room to their own? I know NS makes you share a room, but I have no idea about CSX.
I'm going back a few years here, in 1996 everyone had their own room. I would imagine such continues to be true. Not every outfit is as cheesy as the NS. :wink: Will you be holding forth in the Kingsport, Dante, Haysi vicinity?

by bukfevr

Yep, that's where I'll be working. You know the place?

by jg greenwood

Worked in Erwin for a short while in 1996. Great group of people, sharp railroaders. At that time, the trainmaster in Erwin was a relative of an outstanding Kentucky quarterback. :wink: The absolute best offical I've ever had the pleasure of working for. Due to family health problems I was forced to resign in early 1997 and return to the midwest. You'll enjoy working with this group of true professionals.

by bukfevr

Interesting...I am looking forward to starting this job. I have been trying since 2001 to get a job with the railroad and finally made it. Lots of competition for just a few jobs makes it difficult to get hired here. I'll be the first in my family to work for the railroad, as all my family have been or are coal miners. Nice to meet you, jg greenwood.

by jg greenwood

bukfevr wrote:Interesting...I am looking forward to starting this job. I have been trying since 2001 to get a job with the railroad and finally made it. Lots of competition for just a few jobs makes it difficult to get hired here. I'll be the first in my family to work for the railroad, as all my family have been or are coal miners. Nice to meet you, jg greenwood.
Likewise my man. Good luck!

by DJ

You will have your own room.

Don't worry about Atlanta too much. They will tell you that they are not looking to fire people down there. In the past, some people did get fired at REDI but when they tell you why, you will understand.

When you get back to your home terminal, then you want to be on your toes :wink: