• What happends next?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by SanAntoniostang

I got hired on for trainservcie for UP and this morning I took the phyical strenght test. I hope I passed it casue I was nervous and my heart rate was up a little. The guy doing the test said that if it got to high a block box that was connected to me would trigger him to stop the test but luckily it never went off so I guess I stayed with in range or at least I hope so. Tomorrow I have to go for the medical examine. The question that I have is how will I find out if I passed both test. Will UP call me or send me a letter or what. Does anyone know how long it will take for both results to come back? Once again thanks for everyones help.

by ATSF211

I'm with you SanAntonioStang,

I just finished all my tests for BNSF and now I'm nervously waiting to hear back from them.

So does anyone know how long BNSF will take to notify me?

btw, I didnt mean to hijack your thread. :wink:

Mike
Last edited by ATSF211 on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by jz441

ATSF211 wrote: So does anyone know how long BNSF will take to notify me?

Mike
You will know by friday... :wink:

by Husker05

I took the fit. exam on the 11th and havn't heard anything negative yet. My heart rate jumped around quite a bit which made me nervous and the black box flew off my arm during one of the test. The funny thing was I got frustrated at the beginning because I thought the grip test handle would collapse (it doesn't.) I thought I was failing the exam right off the back. I got a call on the start of my class date (april 3rd) but I'm sure the offer is still contingent.

by SanAntoniostang

Husker05 wrote:I took the fit. exam on the 11th and havn't heard anything negative yet. My heart rate jumped around quite a bit which made me nervous and the black box flew off my arm during one of the test. The funny thing was I got frustrated at the beginning because I thought the grip test handle would collapse (it doesn't.) I thought I was failing the exam right off the back. I got a call on the start of my class date (april 3rd) but I'm sure the offer is still contingent.
Did you get hired on out of san antonio also. I was told in class to go to training starting april 3rd by the HR hiring manager but I havent received a call telling me weather I have passed this or that or nothing at all.

by Husker05

Nope, North Platte, NE. The hiring manager didn't give a date at the time of hire, he just made an estimate. I got a call 5 days later, nothing final, just to inform of the class start date. Overall the entire process has moved quickly but I'm thinking it's because of demand factors. I have recieved no feedback yet about the fitness or physical.

by SanAntoniostang

Thanks for clarifing that Husker. On friday my boss at my current job received a fax from UP with a questionaire to fill out about me. Asking the normal stuff like how many times in the past 6 months have I been late or missed work. Do I work well with others have I ever been reported for sexual harrassment and all the other normal questions that one could think off. I guess they have moved on to my background check so hopefully I will know something for sure by this week.

by BigMike

By law they arent even allowed to release that type of information.

by cifn2

yes true, they legally can only tell if you were employed there, date you were hired or fired, they can not say anything bad or that might discourage another employer from hiring you. UP must be trying to get all they can.

by SanAntoniostang

Well I have the paper right in front of me lol so I know exactly what they asked. A couple other ?s were if I follow instructions have I ever shown signs of violence towards other people while at work. Do I do well under supervison?

by Husker05

Due to training expenses UP probably wants every piece of information they can get, and rightfully so. Most employers however, atleast the smart ones, will only release what is CIFN2 stated. Questions and wording can be bent to squeeze out information but if the previous employer makes undocumented negative claims and statements they can be either slanderous or defaming and held liable for damages. Trying to prove all of the above is a different animal. The responsibility, to the best of my knowledge, falls to the party releasing information so its in UP's best interest to ask and hope for information. I'm also assuming in the application disclaimer that the applicant releases previous employers from liability.

by inkyrail

The start of my training is on the 27th(Monday) and I have received info that my physical and background check are done, but my status hasn't changed on the UP website. Do you guys know when I should expect a call of change of status so I can let my current employer know I plan to leave?