• Still waiting...

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by SanAntoniostang

Ok guys I took the strenght test for UP on monday and I took the medical exam on tuesday. The doctor told me I passed the medical but of course they wouldnt tell me if I passed the strenght test when I was done taking it. When I go online to check my application status it says pending medical and or back ground check. I know my back ground is clean because for my current job I had to pass a 25yr FBI back ground check and plus I never had any run in with the cops. My question is how long will I have to wait before they clear everything including the drug test and when they do clear it will they send me a letter or just post it up online. I have my training date of April 3. If i don't hear anything from them by then do I just show up to class and hope they dont kick me out.

by cifn2

crap, I applied for the job end of January 31, they closed the job last Sunday, I emailed the webmaster they say the job closing means it is no longer open, filled, or has too many applications. I emailed them Wednesday. I still haven't heard back, I asked them which one it is.

by jz441

Gentlemen,

If you want to work on the railroad, you must first learn patience. Nothing on the railroad is done quickly, except getting fired.
I work on the run that is 149 miles, and it takes us 12 hrs to get over it. As you can imagine it takes a lot of patience sitting on the engine for 3-4 hours in front of a red signal.
Just wait, and they will contact you!... :wink:

by cifn2

thanks for the reply, I just figured that at least they would have told me after they closed the job why, a nice little email or something lol.

by YQT

Be patient.

I was actually just looking at my saved emails. Here's how long I had to wait:

Apr 11, 2005 - Resume Receipt Confirmation (when I applied)
Sep 26, 2005 - BNSF Invitation to test and interview
Oct 13, 2005 - The Testing and Interview
Oct 20, 2005 - Conductor Trainee Conditional Offer of Employment.
Oct 26, 2005 - BNSF needs info (wanted to verify one of my previous emplyers)
Oct 28, 2005 - Final Letter (passsed all physicals and background check)
Mar 03, 2006 - Wrote and passed my RCO & Hostler Exams
Mar 17, 2006 - Wrote and passed my Conductors Exam.

It's a long process. Hang in there.

by cifn2

well thanks for the reply. I just figured they would move quick, most places like to get employees in and get them trained and ready to roll so they have less time of the other full timers on overtime etc. lol I guess I don't know the railroad!