• Put in For UP Train Service in Council Bluffs, IA

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by UNPhopeful

Hey everyone. I just put in my application for train service in Council Bluffs, IA. I sent my app. last week and am anxiously waiting. How long does it typically take for UP to get back to someone about a job? Any input is appreciated.

by cifn2

from what I have heard it is usually a few days after the job ends they will invite you to a hiring session.

by SanAntoniostang

I waited over 6 months before I got invited to a hiring session. I guess in the end it payed off cause I was hired for trainservice.

by cifn2

but SanAntonioStang that was at then end of the job posting. When the closing date was you were called a few days after the job closed for accepting applications correct?

by SanAntoniostang

No the job posting that I put in for orginally closed and I didnt get an invite to the hiring session I guess maybe they had alot of people apply cause me and my brother applied at the same time and he got an invite but I didnt. Then when I checked my status online after they called me 7 months later it said my application had be regenerated.

by inkyrail

SanAntoniostang wrote:No the job posting that I put in for orginally closed and I didnt get an invite to the hiring session I guess maybe they had alot of people apply cause me and my brother applied at the same time and he got an invite but I didnt. Then when I checked my status online after they called me 7 months later it said my application had be regenerated.
Ah. That means you got hired for another position(same job) other than the one you originally applied for, that opened later.

by cifn2

ok my bad. Sorry