• Union pacific hiring question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by trackman2b

Hi my name is joe. I recently went to a hiring session for a track laborer at union pacific. I got the call back the same night. We were told that we were hired on. However we have to wait for our background checks to clear and medical. My question is how long does it take for the medical and background check to come back? When i look at my application status it says pending medical or background. I guess i am just excited to get to work or someting. It has been exactly a week since I had my hiring session and my conditional offer for employment. I do know that i took my physical or medical exam and passed. Everything checked out fine.

by slchub

By now I am sure you have heard something. Give it time. Everything moves slow during the hiring process now.

by mikesummer

Mine took about 2 weeks.

by trackman2b

Thanks for all your info. I did finally hear someting. I am now hired and go to orientation on the 15th