• I can't beleive it

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by SanAntoniostang

I just got the call from UP and I got hired out for train service. I have to go in tomorrow morning and fill out a bunch of paper work they said. But im on cloud 9 right now. For some reason I just felt this was a sign from God cause I applied for this job over 6 months ago and totally forgot about it. My job has really been bad lately and I've been praying every night that God would show me and lead me to the plan that he had in stow for me. Well then last week I got the invite for the hiring session and for some reason I just felt that I knew it would end up this way like it was ment to be. I just want to thank everyone and the powers at be for this forum and I look forward to helping as many as possilbe and I appreciate all the help I have been given so far. GOD BLESS

by ATSF211

I'm praying right now, I found a mistake on my application for BNSF I just found it tonight. Im hoping that it wont affect my future employment. I emailed and phoned my HR rep as to the problem. I didnt lie I just had a brain fart and put down the wrong dates.

Somebody from BNSF called me this morning totally unrelated to this issue and made no mention of my mistake. I would guess that if he didnt mention anything I'm ok.

Now, I'm afraid that I brought this up. I'm afraid that They'll think I lied. It was an honest mistake. We all screw up. I hope to god that they'll look at it that way.

I'm worried out of my mind.

Sorry to ramble.

By the way, CONGRATS :-D SanAntonioStang on the job offer.
Last edited by ATSF211 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

by cifn2

congratulations SanAntoniostang, and good luck to you ATSF211...... Best of luck to your in your future. Wish me luck, the job I applied for ends near the end of the month with UP. I haven't heard anything yet. I am excited but not over excited. Do you know how long after the job ended it was before you got invited to the hiring session?

by inkyrail

cifn2 wrote:congratulations SanAntoniostang, and good luck to you ATSF211...... Best of luck to your in your future. Wish me luck, the job I applied for ends near the end of the month with UP. I haven't heard anything yet. I am excited but not over excited. Do you know how long after the job ended it was before you got invited to the hiring session?
For me it was like a day. Good luck!

by cifn2

thanks inkyrail, I am excited but I understand my chances are slim. I have my health, my age, and my background in funky hours for the past few years to show.