• CSX application status question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by WestJax

I recently applied for a posistion at CSX. At first when I checked on the status it simply said "applied". Now it says"final screen". Can anyone tell me what that means? Thanks
  by conductorforlife

If the application makes it through the final screening you will be called for an interview.

by CSX Conductor

Did you apply for a conductor position or another craft? I ask this because they hire through the conductor training schools which are contracted out.

They are probably checking references and work history etc. Hopefully you didn't lie about anything....if so you're history.

by WestJax

CSX Conductor wrote:Did you apply for a conductor position or another craft? I ask this because they hire through the conductor training schools which are contracted out.

They are probably checking references and work history etc. Hopefully you didn't lie about anything....if so you're history.

I applied for crew caller at the CMC. It's a long shot because the job posting said college grads prefered. But I figured it could not hurt to try.

by CSX Conductor

Crew callers, ok. I have spoken with a few of the regulars that work my area oustide of work and from what they've told me don't wory about having no college. The pay is pretty good.....especially since down south the cost of living is quite lower, and after-all it is inside and not very stressful. Good luck.