• ALCOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

by Paul

Hi John.
I am looking for diagrams (or photos) of the puller used in removing the dynamic brake fans from the motor. RS=32 by the way. Do you have any drawings or instructions you can put in PDF format and email them to me?
Thanks.

by Alcoman

I'LL do some digging and see what I have...and get to you.

by Alcoman

Paul,
I may have something for you on this.I have MI-14035 which includes diagrams of the tools you need. This is for Rad-fan clutch gear unit Type: GDY45
If you can use this, its 16 pages. Let me know.

by Paul

DO you have my email addy? if you can scan and email them say by 5pm your time friday, let me know. Thanks.

by Alcoman

Its alot to scan. I will try.
John

by Paul

John, I know its a tall order. Perhaps if you just scan the part pertaining to the dynamic brakes and leave the rest for when you have free time. I don't meen to burden you with this. The locomotive isn't going anywhere for a long time. I am starting to prep it this weekend so all I am doing is inspecting the pm, and trying to get the fans off the motor so we can get new bearings. We are going to use the dynamic brake unit as a load box for the other engines until it is installed on the RS32.
Anyway, Thanks. BTW, what si the status and condition of the ex-LIRR FA and S-1 switcher 417 at Colonee?