• Signal trainee for CSX or NS or FEC

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by WestJax

Hi, I am looking at the possibility of employment with a railroad and have been reading here for a couple of months now. I have decided that I would rather work a craft job than to get into train operations,mainly due to lifestye and family issues.I live in Jacksonville Florida and I have a bit of electronic experience in my work history so I am considering appyling for a asst. signal trainee posistion. Can anyone one tell if CSX does training here in Jax and how much terrritory I would have to cover if hired. Also Norfolk Southern is here in Jax and I have been checking the job openings on their website but I have yet to see a posting for any posistion of any type here in Florida. Is this becuse Jax is the end of the line for NS and everyone is homebased in Georgia? One more thing. Florida East Coast's website has nothing on it about employment how do I find out about oppurtinities for jobs with them? Sorry for so many questions In one post! Any input would be greatly appreciated!