• Thank you

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by freshmeat

I wanted to take a minute and thank all of the old heads who have taken the time to answer the questions posed in this forum.

I have recently accepted employment with the BNSF as a conductor trainee. Although I had a brother that worked as a Santa Fe conductor (pre-merger) until he became medically disqualified, I had some idea on what to expect from train service, I will be the first to admit I don’t know all the questions to ask. This forum, and the members of it who take the time to ask and answer questions, have given me a fuller understanding of what to expect and how to make the most of my new choice of lifestyle.

My new career choice will be a drastic departure from my present occupation, but I am looking forward to it, even with the odd hours and bad weather. I believe that I can now enter this field with my eyes open and know more fully what to expect from train service.

Again, thank you.

by RiverMP21

Good Luck! I just finished week 7 of the training program, and I really feel I made the right decision. I'm working with a good bunch of people, and even on the toughest days, I am going home much happier than I was on my old job.