• I applied for a...

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Timberman

UP Train Service job that had an applcation deadline of 9/30/05. I know its early and by status is "currently being reviewed". Now there is a new Trian Service job at the same location that has a 10/31 deadline. I've read on this forum that UP is always very slow, but I was wondering if I show apply for this new job listing or just hange loose and wait. Thanks.

by Chris_S68

Patience is a virtue. In railroading, it's a requirement. :wink:

When did you actually submit your application? The posting ended just 6 days ago. I'd say that, if you don't hear anything two weeks or so after the closing date of the posting under which you applied, a phonecall couldn't hurt. Don't submit another application.

by Timberman

I actually sumbmitted my application about a month before the job posting ended. I was just curious why they have another posting at the same location before they are doing anything about the prior one.

by rhallanger

It's probably because more openings are anticipated to come open. For example, in CA they had every location open up to 9/30. On 10/1 they opened only two locations, Roseville and LA for Train Service. I guess those were the two locations where they are hurting the most for manpower.

I want to a hiring session on Tuesday and they talked a bit about North Platte, NE. I take that to mean that North Platte is BUSY too. (Largest RR yard in the world).

by Timberman

I guess I'll just sit tight and wait.
  by lupner1

Wondering if you got a call. I applied for a service position and got a hiring session call back! Today, actually.