• Route of the Shore Line Electric

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by ChancellorOfTheExchequer

I'm looking to trace the right-of-way of the Shore Line Electric between New Haven and New London, but I haven't been able to find a decent map to start from. Surprisingly, the Shore Line Trolley Museum has virtually nothing beyond the East Haven- Branford - Stony Creek route. Can anyone help?

by Fred G

Hi, you could do some research at the local town halls and historic societies. I've seen abandoned and discontinued trolley ROW shown on some old CT Highway Dept ROW maps, as the route sometimes followed along the Botston Post Road. HTH