• just got hired at UP!

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by kevin19

hey there,

new to the board here. just got a "conditional offer" of employment at UP for a train service position.

anyway i have questions..

1. physical ability test
--i took this the day after the interview and it was administered by a company called BTE. im pretty sure i did OK. im 19, im not fat, i can lift a lot of weight (85lb knuckle was nothin!), my heart rate was steady, am i likely to see any problems? i worry that i didnt pull/lift hard enough on one of those machines. i hate the fact that the contractor cannot tell you.

2. actually 1 was my biggest concern...but any tips for doing good in class? ive read GCOR religously since i got the offer so anything else i can do to prepare?

also, what the heck can i expect to be doing once i finish the training? train service is a such a broad description, they say you can end up in: brakeman, switchman, conductor,etc...so :-D what happens first?

anyway one else have any experience of "Train service" with UP?

-kevin

by NASHVILLE-NEWBIE

Kevin,

Train Service for the UP is no problem. Part of your responseabilty's will be to keep "THE UPPR ENGINEER" out of trouble and help keep his train under 80 mph!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Nashvillie Newbie