• "Up North" Gawking (District 1 sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by NHV 669

CN9634 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:11 pm
roberttosh wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:14 pm Inbound wallboard going to NB originates on CSX as does Fertilizer going up to the county.
How do you know the inbound wallboard originates on CSX? There are tons of CertainTeed plants all over Canada and the US.... Saint Gobain is a massive company as well.
These cars are now moving via Mattawamkeag instead of the Moosehead.
  by CPF66

newpylong wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:51 pm It also wasn't a priority as it's Other than Main from Winn to Keag.
From MP-3 to 4.5 or so, where ever CSX installed CWR is main line trackage. MP-3 is where the yard limits start.
  by newpylong

Exactly my point. They focused their efforts where the rail was needed most to start. Not where they're either slowing down or picking up speed to enter and leave DCS. Also as I noted it's Other than Main track, not Yard Limits.
  by NHV 669

L072 was light power 7643 and an SD-23 to Mattawamkeag today, they returned through Lincoln just before dusk with 37 cars.
  by BlueFlag

Facebook CSX NE + B&E Railfans photo and video posts show today's L072 went to Keag with 464 axles for live handoff to MNR. Looks like 120 cars..
  by CPF66

From a video over the weekend, it looks like CSX took several large cuts of LPG to Mattawamkeag. Previously the only LPG business they were moving east of Waterville was for Bouchard. Not sure if this is for MNR, NBSR, or CN. But if I were to guess its LPG for Dead River, which if true would be a big loss for CPKC. I am guessing the LPG for Dead River in Hermon might still go CPKC, but I suppose CSX could interchange them right there at NMJ and just use CPKC to spot them.
  by CPF66

CN9634 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:55 pm Incorrect-- the LPG cars came via the Keag gateway
I am not sure how exactly my statement was "incorrect" considering you restated what I had already been established, but you do you.

As for my previous statement, when referring to Dead River I was speaking about the LPG which goes to MNR.
  by jamoldover

I think the incorrect part was the direction the traffic was moving in. CPF66 - you stated "LPG to Mattawamkeag" (emphasis mine), implying the loads were going east to NBSR. CN9634's response was that the loads were coming from NBSR and going west.