• Suggestions for Marietta railfanning?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by march hare

Will be passing by Marietta (and St Marys WV) on the way to the Cincinnati NMRA convention shortly.

I note that both towns have street running on CSX, but with fairly light traffic levels.

Any suggestions on when would be the best time to maximize my chances of finding trains in the street?

Thanks,

Gardiner Cross
Cripplebush Valley Models

by bambulance_dave

I cannot remeber the street name for the life of me but I know of one of those streets with a line running right down the middle of it, it was just across the Muskingum River. I was told that 4 or 5 90 car + coal trains run down it daily bound for the power plant in Beverly. Hope this helps.