• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

That's what I thought. The temps are dropping, I wouldn't think this would be a good time to start building a bridge. Will be interesting to see if we see what freight trains will look like without a weight limit now...
  by Bracdude181

If that bridge is the same design as the one near Whitesville Road on the southern they can get that done in three weeks if they got a good crew.
  by CharlieL

Well the lake is pretty well drained to the point bridge work can start. Will be interesting to see traffic bound for Freehold and points west coming down the southern.
  by RailsEast

Yes, the winters have been pretty calm in recent years, but just a short decade ago Lake Manalapan was frozen over in early December as the Santa train rolled by. I wish the bridge workers balmy weather as they go about their appointed rounds...

http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3713841
  by Bracdude181

Huh. That’s quite a contrast to what this years Santa train will look like.

Also been hearing we can expect a cold winter.
  by Bracdude181

Hamilton Rod at 8:15 AM

The crossing finally quit working after working reliably for over a year following repairs by Conrail just prior to the takeover.
  by Forest3670

I hear they are going to repair the Lake Manalapan Trestle. I think they may bring every thing down the Jersey Coast Line and then go to Freehold then down to Lakewood. Useing the new Farmingdale connection
  by Bracdude181

Train is pulling into Farmingdale in push pull configuration. Will most likely run to Jamesburg…