• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

There’s a spot just like on top of the bridge just beyond the Squankum Road crossing. Still don’t know how they haven’t nosedived off that bridge. Especially since the one gauge bar holding it in on one side is starting to come loose.
  by JohnFromJersey

Speaking of tracks, the SOUS has been having a horrific weed problem the last few years. I don't think C&D has done any weed spraying operations yet.

On the plus side, it seems like an effective way of deterring trespassers
  by AWSmith

ray conover photo freehold industrial.jpg
JohnFromJersey wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:00 pm Speaking of tracks, the SOUS has been having a horrific weed problem the last few years. I don't think C&D has done any weed spraying operations yet.

On the plus side, it seems like an effective way of deterring trespassers
With all this rain, There are already weeds growing up through the steel ties on the rebuilt section north of the rt33 bypass .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:57 pm There’s a spot just like on top of the bridge just beyond the Squankum Road crossing. Still don’t know how they haven’t nosedived off that bridge. Especially since the one gauge bar holding it in on one side is starting to come loose.
They haven't nosedived off that bridge because the track isn't in as bad a condition. This piece of track is routinely inspected and doesn't pose a threat to crew or equipment. If it were an issue, this piece of track would be brought up to standards.
  by Bracdude181

Well they need to have it looked at again because right now there’s about 30 Jewish standing right there and they’re all hitting the track with stuff.
  by HazzanDan

If you are still there, please take photos and report this to police. That appears to be crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  by Bracdude181

I’ve already called before and every time the cops do nothing. I wasn’t out there, but one of my guys saw it and told me about it.
  by AceMacSD

Call again the police again. If there's a person(s) tampering with the tracks, that's vandalism and it's a crime. Witnessing and doing nothing also makes you an accessory to the crime. Regardless if it's been reported before or not, it should still be reported.
  by Bracdude181

Only thing I’m gonna get told is that’s not an emergency and don’t waste their time. You gotta understand, Lakewood police do not care about what these people do at all. I’ve told several officers at least 30 times about this by now and all I get from most is a shrug.

The one day when about 5 of them threw a plastic playground slide under 752? The crew called the police and all they did was remove the slide from underneath. They did absolutely nothing about the kids who had by that point climbed all the way on top of the cars at the back of the train. Crew had to go back and tell them to leave.

What about the time when SA31 had to stop near county line because they were all lighting fireworks on the tracks? Fire department and police showed up, nothing was done.

And like I’ve said before this has been going on for years. Even when Conrail and Lakewood Police teamed up to try and stop all this in 2014-2015 it only kept the people away for about a month.
  by pdtrains

This is getting a little OT...but I would report any type of vandalism anyway. The report gets put in the books. If there are enough reports, they will have to consider doing something. Also if there ever is an accident , a time line showing that this has been reported many times, helps.

Now back to trains...
Any progress with freedhold-farmingdale?
  by Bracdude181

I’m gonna try to get pictures later. The turnout for the wye at Southard Ave is being built today, and the old rail they pulled up from the north wye leg is sitting just beside the ballast at Railroad Ave.
  by Dcell

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:33 pm I’m gonna try to get pictures later. The turnout for the wye at Southard Ave is being built today, and the old rail they pulled up from the north wye leg is sitting just beside the ballast at Railroad Ave.
If this is accurate, the crossing of Railroad Avenue should be constructed soon
  by baju

A couple of questions…….I apologize for my lack of knowledge. What does TOTH and ART mean? Also any in formation on the connection supposedly going south on the SOUS. The crossing on railroad Ave for the southern connection. Maybe that plan was scrapped?
THX