• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Conrail Blue

I saw on a FB group that Extech received a car on Friday. Would it be likely to get pulled out next time RB-1 runs which I assume would be Tuesday? Also where and when is RB-1 starting from these days? I’d like to catch them pulling the car from Extech but I have no experience at all with this operation. Any info would be appreciated.
  by Bracdude181

They start in Red Bank around 7 am or so and usually get to Farmingdale around 9.

Did not know they got a car that day.
  by R&DB

Conrail Blue wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:58 am I saw on a FB group that Extech received a car on Friday. Would it be likely to get pulled out next time RB-1 runs which I assume would be Tuesday? Also where and when is RB-1 starting from these days? I’d like to catch them pulling the car from Extech but I have no experience at all with this operation. Any info would be appreciated.
Since they only got the car Friday it may not be unloaded completely by Tuesday. I have no knowledge of Extech's operations, but they probably do not unload on the weekends. That leaves Friday afternoon and Monday. Might or might not be ready for pickup Tuesday.
  by Bracdude181

It usually is ready by Monday. C&D charges demurrage rates for cars not cleared for pickup within two days of being dropped off. Don’t have to pay it if the car is cleared by a certain time.
  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:It usually is ready by Monday. C&D charges demurrage rates for cars not cleared for pickup within two days of being dropped off. Don’t have to pay it if the car is cleared by a certain time.
48 Hours is an industry standard for customers not getting 5 day a week service.
  by jp1822

This should be a nice piece of railway between Freehold and Farmingdale when completed - new fully protected grade crossings etc. Yes, freight is the main priority and reason for the season, but it’d be SO nice to see some community good will with perhaps a special Holiday Weekend train for Christmas on this new section when completed. Special event only…..just saying…..In the mean time, looking forward to seeing this restoration of a rail line…..as has been mentioned, doesn’t happen often when you see the reversal of abandoned railways come back to life.
  by Bracdude181

Could park the freehold Santa train in farmingdale once all is said and done. Farmingdale has wanted their own Santa train for years.
  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:50 am Could park the freehold Santa train in farmingdale once all is said and done. Farmingdale has wanted their own Santa train for years.
Is this from your CP to Morrisville sources as well? They didn't want it during the CR days.
  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:48 pm No, just people in general over there have wanted a Santa train for a while.
So the same sources as all those businesses who only tell you that they want rail service but don't tell the railroad.
  by Conrail Blue

Thanks for the info. I may just give it a try tomorrow and hope the Extech car gets pulled. Also, I assume they would pull the car on their way down to Woodhaven, not after. Would that be correct?
  by Dcell

Nice pix! Glad you were able to get a ride there.
Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:48 pm Yellowbrook road as of this afternoon. The old track on the west side is finally being removed, and the road has been cut for the future crossing work.Image
  by OportRailfan

CR7876 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:04 am Those ties at Gold Lumber are for the #10 turnout.
Agreed, theyre all marked up for their positions in the panel.