Railroad Forums 

• Elmont/Belmont Race Track Station

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1609707  by MACTRAXX

Everyone - This is an article from October 17 concerning LIRR service to Islanders hockey games:
https://nyihockeynow.com/new-york-islan ... eim-ducks/
After visiting Elmont Station a second time during the PM Peak period on 10/27 to see the station during at least
somewhat in daylight - LIRR service to Elmont/UBS is a new concept for riders and will need to be adjusted when
it is necessary...It can be a good alternative to traffic and high parking prices for UBS Arena (and Belmont Park)
events going forward...For UBS Arena events: www.ubsarena.com
MACTRAXX
 #1620973  by GooStats

now that Spring racing season is about to start, is the LIRR going to run two trains each Saturday to the Belmont Park Station? LIRR and NYRA websites don't have any info,
 #1622720  by Head-end View

GooStats wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:18 am now that Spring racing season is about to start, is the LIRR going to run two trains each Saturday to the Belmont Park Station? LIRR and NYRA websites don't have any info,
I don't think the old Belmont Racetrack station is in service anymore. It has been replaced by the new Elmont Station on the main-line which serves the Racetrack.
 #1623262  by krispy

No, not really. They're using it and it now has power switches and a block operator throwing switches within the yard, in addition to Queens doing their thing. It should really help with big events like the Belmont Stakes. Elmont station has it uses but they're still all-in with Belmont Racetrack station.
 #1623269  by MACTRAXX

H-E View: Belmont Park Station is going to be the only access on Stakes Day June 10 with Elmont closed. The Belmont Stakes Day special timetable is an interesting read - note the 50th Anniversary of Secretariat (1973) logo being used this year - there is no Triple Crown in play this time which may mean less race interest...
https://new.mta.info/agency/long-island ... timetables
www.belmontstakes.com

Alternate service includes Main Line trains stopping at both Queens Village and Floral Park with the 3TC now complete along with Hempstead Branch changes/special timetable issued for Saturday June 10... Queens Village offers the $5 City Ticket option - Belmont Park is now in Zone 4 - no more special Belmont tickets. QV is a 20 minute one-mile walk (Springfield Boulevard S to Hempstead Avenue/Turnpike E) to BP...MACTRAXX
 #1623273  by MACTRAXX

H-E: Something just came to my mind remembering that the connecting walk and driveway is right up against the west end of the track from the south Elmont Station parking lot towards the Belmont Park Station/UBS Arena area - will that route and accessway be limited to use or closed on Stakes Day? For that matter will the overhead pedestrian bridge at Elmont Station not be useable?
MACTRAXX
 #1623303  by R36 Combine Coach

Closed all day 8:30 AM-10 PM see special Hempstead Branch service.
Attachments:
(665.91 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
(227.09 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Last edited by nomis on Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1623334  by MACTRAXX

Head-end View wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:41 pm MACTRAXX, I'm asking you. LOL You said Elmont Station will be closed that day.
H-E: I just relayed the mention in both LIRR Special Timetables effective on Saturday June 10
that Elmont would be closed on Belmont Stakes Day - I am just the messenger here...MACTRAXX
 #1623518  by nomis

I edited R36's post above to save the PDF's.