Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1623179  by CharlieL

They are placing equipment and material at the Howell Rd. crossing in preparation for the new crossing.
Also, in Farmingdale by the switch, 3 blue pickups and a crew going over plans for what I presume is work between Southard Ave and Railroad Ave.
 #1623180  by JohnFromJersey

CharlieL wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:41 am Also, in Farmingdale by the switch, 3 blue pickups and a crew going over plans for what I presume is work between Southard Ave and Railroad Ave.
Yep, I saw that as well. I think it's likely that they will be doing Yellowbrook - Fairfield; I noticed that there was quite a bit of rail missing from the pile they have by the Main St crossing, and when I passed by the (future) crossing at Yellowbrook, I noticed some stacks of rail being placed on the side that hasn't been done yet.
 #1623189  by Bracdude181

Last time they had 17 cars, 752 stalled on the .75 percent grade at Pine Brook Road. They had to leave half the train there then come back for it. So they’ll probably have to do that again.

Don’t know if they got cars for anyone else but if they do, that’s gonna complicate things.
 #1623207  by Dcell

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:34 pm Last time they had 17 cars, 752 stalled on the .75 percent grade at Pine Brook Road. They had to leave half the train there then come back for it. So they’ll probably have to do that again.

Don’t know if they got cars for anyone else but if they do, that’s gonna complicate things.
Hope you post some pix for us.