Railroad Forums 

• Brightline Treasure Coast Station - Stuart Chosen

• This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
    Websites: Current Brightline
    Virgin USA
    Virgin UK
This is a forum for all operations, both current and planned, of Brightline, formerly All Aboard Florida and Virgin Trains USA:
Websites: Current Brightline
Virgin USA
Virgin UK

Moderator: CRail

#1623080  by Jeff Smith

Most seem to prefer Port St. Lucie: https://cbs12.com/amp/news/local/should ... cie-county

Where should Brightline have a stop along the Treasure Coast?
A pre-pandemic settlement involving Brightline and Martin County included the commitment of a stop in Martin or St. Lucie Counties within five years of the beginning of Orlando’s service. That service is around the corner as tickets for rides starting on September 1st are available now.
 #1639571  by Jeff Smith

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/brigh ... nfirms.amp
Brightline to open Florida train station in Stuart, city spokesperson confirms

STUART, Fla. - Brightline has apparently picked where it plans to build its next train station along Florida's Treasure Coast – Stuart, according to a city spokesperson.

Stuart city leadership was notified by the city manager on Monday that Brightline had selected them for its future train station, a spokesperson told FOX 35 via email on Tuesday.

Brightline nor the City of Stuart have formally – or publicly – announced the new station. However, the spokesperson said Stuart City Commissioners and Martin County Commissioners had been invited out to the proposed site for an upcoming announcement, tentatively scheduled for March 11.
 #1641133  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Jersey, I think Stuart makes most sense as a Martin County stop. First, I think there would be less potential congestion at the "Achilles Heel" of the entire route - the St. Lucie River bridge, for which, absent public funding, simply cannot be addressed.

Secondly, heavily Republican Martin County was the most vocal in their opposition to Brightline. While some might hold "we won, rub it in their face", they have their "Ace in the hole" by maybe discouraging their "Navy" to go on maneuvers simply to interfere with Brightline (and FEC). Given a stop, somebody just might lean on the Commodore to forcefully inform his Captains "this is when the bridge opens".

While I realize that one trip does not give a full picture of anything, and having the longest non-stop ride other than Auto Train East of Ol' Man River was "sport", the 99 PAX count I made seems "thin" when compared with the sellouts they have on their Corridor. I was "victim" of one this past January when I had had my fill of Vino at Ruth's in West Palm, and to get back to Miami, Coach would have been just fine. But they were sold so I had to go First ($84 for sixty five miles - that's Acela First pricing!!).

All told, to prop up the WP-McCoy segment, a stop in each of the three other "Treasure Coast" counties need be considered. I could foresee where flying into McCOy, then Brightline would become most convenient for the "moneyed folk" residing in the likes of Hobe Sound and Johns Island (my Father when residing in Vero Beach always used PBI). Sure, the schedule will need be lengthened, but the reports I've noted are that Aventura and Boca are "draws" - and I can personally attest to Boca.