• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

RB-1 passed through Farmingdale today, at around 12:30. Unfortunately, I did not make it in time to catch it. Not sure what the car count was today...

I have a video of RB-1 from Friday that I will be uploading soon.
  by Bracdude181

Farmingdale, March 1972. RDC excursion parked just beyond Academy Street.

Note the Blue Comet sign.
  by jp1822

Wouldn’t it be nice to see THAT run again on a portion of this line? Even if also in excursion service. Get the rail line connected/restored from Jamesburg to Farmingdale and may a Santa Express of some sort…..I got a few nostalgic pictures as well of the Jersey Central’s RDC’s tribute to the Blue Comet! VERY similar, and even of the “Farewell to Steam Excursion” that ran on the PRR through on this line - leaving just the Doodlebug in regular service from Red Bank to Trenton…….Good to see this line coming back to life, even if it may be at the expense of the Farmingdale to Red Bank section….. Time will tell. The big tragedy - what could have been if NJT fulfilled the MOM passenger rail line……But that’s not what this thread is about, so don’t want to divert. Making good progress!!!
  by CharlieL

They have placed the ties and are putting rails on the Freehold team track extension. Ought to finish today, except for ballast.
  by Bracdude181

I’ve been told a different company will be doing the ballast and crossing work between Farmingdale and Freehold. Not sure who this third company is yet.

Will try to get some pictures within the next few days. Been sick all week. As of last Thursday, all track between Adelphia and Yellowbrook roads is gone.
  by Bracdude181

Yes, and it’s possible that they have started laying tracks at Adelphia moving towards Yellowbrook but I haven’t checked since last Thursday. None of my people have had the time to check either.
  by CharlieL

As of this A,M, they were still doing roadbed prep between Yellowbrook and Adelphia Rd. They may have ties down by now, as they looked about done with the roadbed.
One of the RFPs was for "8 to 12 crossings". A picture it showed looked like it might have been Maxim Rd.
Last edited by CharlieL on Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Bracdude181

Thanks Charlie. I’m sure they’ll have made some sort of progress between now and whenever I go get pictures.
  by Bracdude181

I heard service on all of the DRRR will be twice a week, running either Tuesday and Friday or Monday and Thursday.