• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CharlieL

As to starting Fairfield to Yellowbrook: The RFP states proposals are to be in by April 20 (end of next week), with decision by May 1. Possible decision could be made April 21, but no work there for at least another week, probably 2 or 3.
  by Bracdude181

Train stopped at seventh street in Lakewood. Not sure why. Might be calling the cops on all the people walking the tracks between 7th and County Line
  by greyhairedpete

I hear from a reliable source that 2005 is returning soon, and they are having the name "Brandon" painted below the number on the cab.
  by Bracdude181

While on the topic of painting engines, you know how 752 is slowly being repainted?

Has Black River/C&D considered turning it into a “heritage unit” of sorts?

Maybe instead of just saying Black River, they could add onto it and make it say “Black River Railroad System” and beneath that add those circle logos of all their railroads? BRW, BDRV, DRRV, etc.

I’ve had this idea floating around in my head the last few weeks. What do you guys think?
  by GSC

Take Bracdude's idea and paint the 752 into CNJ's "Coast Guard" red with wide white stripe, with the various company logos in the stripe. After all, it is running on former CNJ rails.
  by Bracdude181

I was referring more to the current BRW operated companies, but that’s not a bad idea! We did have Red Barons down here in the early Conrail days.
  by CR7876

When BDRV #1202 was repainted after purchase from the RBMN it was repainted as a heritage unit to the old Alco's that wore Hunter Green in the 70's and 80's, 56,57,58/211, 1554 and CF-7 #41 although no Speed lettering was done.

" Black River " on the locomotives is for Black River Railroad System, not Black River and Western. The only locomotive Black River & Western as a corporation owns is 2-8-0 #60. This is why units with " Black River " have BDRV marks.
  by CharlieL

Today at noon, a Belvidere Delaware truck and a couple of workers scoping out the cleared and marked out area on the Freehold team track.