• Is the Middlebrook Industrial Track quarry history?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by pdtrains

Conveyor ballast train. IDK is the pix is recent or not. But its in the right place to pick up a load of ballast...
  by CR7876

I find it ironic that another of Stavola's plants is having a rail line come back to life also.
  by JohnFromJersey

I wonder if Stavola will use the rail line in Howell once that is reopened. And yes, that picture was recent.
  by pdtrains

I wonder if that converyor/single point unloading ballast train is coming over to somewhere on the D&RR to drop a big pile of ballast?

If not, Its still a good rumor to start...
  by AceMacSD

Redfish wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:22 am Obviously that ballast train is phase one of reopening the old CNJ Southern Division.

How'd I do? :P
That's right, Red. First stage of rebuilding Lakewood-Lakehurst.
  by Bracdude181

As of yesterday there were several NJT ballast cars sitting on the Middlebrook lead and all appeared to be loaded.

I would assume that NJT is leaving the cars there for NS MA-20 to ferry to/from the quarry, then NJT picks the cars up later on??
  by Bracdude181

Interesting. I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for when NJT runs up to the quarry then.

Wondering if NJT plans to continue sourcing ballast from the Chimney Rock Quarry for the long term. I heard they were getting it off some guy on the NYS&W for a while.