Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1618903  by R&DB

JohnFromJersey wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:00 pm For those interested, I have made a map of all the grade crossings of the active portions of the Southern Secondary crosses, as well as listed some bridges (I-195, Rt 33/34, Rt 18, the Parkway, Tinton Ave) where you would be able to see RB-1 from above. Special thanks to @Bracdude181 for telling me the grade crossings.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit? ... sp=sharing
John.
One more viewing location is the NW end of Shark River Station Road.
 #1618904  by Bracdude181

I left that part out because there’s a woman on that road who frequently calls the police on anyone she deems “suspicious”

Be careful filming there. Chances are she will call about “gang activity on the tracks” if she sees you.
 #1618921  by AceMacSD

Again with these gang remarks? And you know for sure that it's a woman that's calling the cops on you? Are you sure this woman didn't call the cops to report you kids trespassing on railroad property? The tines we've stopped by Shark River Rd, it's always been a guy who comes out of his house.
 #1618923  by Bracdude181

The “gang remark” is in regards to what this woman usually told the police. There used to be another group of young adults who would come and see the SA31 all the time, and this woman would always call on them, seemingly regardless of what they were doing. Wether or not they were trespassing is knowledge I do not have, not that I care anyways.

I do not know of any other people on that road who call on people watching the train. Acemac, when was the last time you bumped into the person you mentioned?
 #1619073  by AWSmith

Nothing going on at the team track in Freehold. Was going to take some pix but why bother , plus it was raining. Maybe they are done and will leave it as a short stub? They old rail is still there set aside. No new ties or material delivered. The roller compactor is still parked there by the trees.
 #1619083  by CharlieL

AWSmith wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:52 pm Nothing going on at the team track in Freehold. Was going to take some pix but why bother , plus it was raining. Maybe they are done and will leave it as a short stub? They old rail is still there set aside. No new ties or material delivered. The roller compactor is still parked there by the trees.
May be waiting for a week the track is not going to be used. Last I looked (last Friday) there was a pole car sitting there. EHAllen may be busy for a while.
 #1619087  by AWSmith

Just noticed the ^^^^^ forum software does not observe daylight savings time. its 9:49 pm
CharlieL wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:58 pm
May be waiting for a week the track is not going to be used. Last I looked (last Friday) there was a pole car sitting there. EHAllen may be busy for a while.
The pole car was empty today