Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1614957  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:47 pm Nice shot, but kinda weird seeing this knowing the rails the engine is sitting on were removed several months back. Unless this section is before the golds switch?
I wasn't sure they ever pulled the rails, I had visited that location the day before and day after I posted some pictures. It looked to me like a hydraulic leak or fuel leak that was being hidden by removing the soil and and smoothing out. It never looked like they pulled track? I think a tractor trailer was involved...
 #1614983  by CharlieL

Two different things: Yes, they pulled the switch and some of the surrounding track that fed Golds, and yes, they scraped down to the track but did not remove about 100 ft or so west of Southard ave for about 50 feet and replaced the stone, apparently because of a leaky truck. And in that pic, if you enlarge you can see a car on the Gold siding. and barely, the track. It is a remarkably clear picture.
 #1614984  by pdtrains

The secondary track vs industrial track thing may be mute. Such designations and rule book references are part of the individual RR etts and rulebooks, The designation of "secondary track" may also be in NORAC (i cant find it tho),

Seeing as the southern and freehold are now operated by the C&D/DRR railroad, the track designation and governance of operation therewith, is determined by the C&D ETT and whatever rulebook they are using. They can call it whatever they want.

Fun Fact.....the designation of "secondary Track" was a purely PRR ett/rulebook thing. No other RR during PRR times had "secondary tracks" , other than other RR's that were or had operated under PRR rules, like the LIRR.

PC adopted both the NYC and PRR rulebooks, and just smashed them together , so "secondary tracks" continued in the PC rukebook. Its was also carried over into CR , and now NS and CSAO. CSX, being heavily ex-NYC, may have done away with the secondary track designation...IDK.

SO someone should ask to see the C&D/DRR ett, and see what they call the lines now. For them, its all basically "main track" . Their ett may just be a photocopies of a piece of paper at this point.....or they just could have issued a bulletin saying that former CSAO ett is in effect, until they decide to do differently.
 #1614993  by CharlieL

Well, they did not make Adelphia Rd today, but are close.
A company called Watson Services is setting up at the Adelphia Rd crossing. Apparently from duckduckgo they are a general contractor. Don't know if it is sewer or railroad related but suspect railroad because sewer work was being done by a different contractor. If so they may be working at night.