Railroad Forums 

• CMSL Cape May New Jersey Seashore Lines Passenger Operations

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1612731  by Bracdude181

WashingtonPark wrote:Haven't seen this posted so I just thought I'd put it here. https://www.phillyvoice.com/cape-may-ca ... ew-jersey/
They really should remove the two wooden trestles that connect to the swing bridge, or remove the whole bridge altogether. What if another piece breaks off and hits someone’s boat?
 #1612745  by Ken W2KB

JohnFromJersey wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:06 pm Pretty sure it would be pretty expensive to remove the bridge altogether when CMSL wants to (somehow) fix the bridge at some point.
It would not surprise me that the State of NJ, which owns the bridge and the rail-line, will decide to remove it after this latest incident. A smaller piece of the fender broke off earlier this year and the State was required to pay for its removal. The State will likely have to pay for removal of this very recent incident as well. Removing the bridge is likely less costly that restoring it to service.
 #1619434  by Bracdude181

Took this while they were turning around. This engine was worked on recently. All new brake hoses and some other stuff here and there replaced. New horn too.

They’ve also been doing some work on the Secondary. Lots of brush removed from the sides of the ROW and the crossing approaches have had the bonding wire replaced in spots.
 #1619500  by pdtrains

Is this still a lease engine, or did they buy it? If leased, I guess LTE sent someone over to fix it.

Whats with the deal with the GP-38's, and the GP-9's (if they are still on the property. The GP38's were GM leasers, ex-PRSL that i thought CMSL wanted to buy. GP9's and whatever else I thought were pvtly owned, but running on the CMSL. Did the pvt owners move them to other locations?
 #1619501  by Bracdude181

The GP15 is still LTEX owned. I do not know if CMSL intends to keep it long term. I believe it was repaired at the CSX shops in Selkirk NY, but I could be wrong.

The GP7 and 9 are owned by the URHS, they were sent back to their HQ last year along with some coaches. As I hear it, URHS wants to use them for their own purposes at some point in the future.

The three ex PRSL GP38s are still there. Two are GATX and one is LLPX. They are still owned by their respective leasing companies. 2015 and 2661 are the most frequently used, with 2014 only being used once in a while.