Railroad Forums 

• ACS-64 loaned to MARC?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1611213  by avgeeky

Haven't ridden MARC in years after I moved away, but was back in town and my southbound 525 is being pushed by a Sprinter. Is this going to be a permanent fixture (MARC queuing up to buy some from Amtrak when they switch to the ALC42s) or some extra down time for the HHP-8s again?
 #1611224  by STrRedWolf

avgeeky wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:39 am Haven't ridden MARC in years after I moved away, but was back in town and my southbound 525 is being pushed by a Sprinter. Is this going to be a permanent fixture (MARC queuing up to buy some from Amtrak when they switch to the ALC42s) or some extra down time for the HHP-8s again?
Usually the latter. The HHP-8 rehab project was put on hold in the pandemic, and the Chargers are being used across the three lines. The MP-36's also have their issues.