Railroad Forums 

• New England Central Railroad (NECR)

• For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
    A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
 #1607759  by copcars

I was hoping to get some nice foliage photos of trains in VT and MA.Does anyone know what days the train runs from St albans to Brattleboro vt and freights from Burlington to r utland and Bellows falls,vt THANKS
 #1607766  by NHV 669

It's a toss-up right now, depends on the traffic. 324 generally hits Windsor before 6am, so you'd be looking at shots south of there in any kind of light, the return trip, 323, would likely leave Brattleboro at dusk or later.

Burlington to Rutland should be at least 5x a week if not daily, I believe they're north out of Rutland in the early hours, back by the afternoon.

Rutland to BF should be out of the yard around 9ish, that may be your best bet. I believe that is most, if not all weekdays, they may or not be running a train during the weekend.
 #1620139  by Jeff Smith

https://dcms-external.s3.amazonaws.com/ ... /51672.pdf

NECR providing overhead rights to Green Mountain Railroad, which I think is its own subsidiary.
Green Mountain Railroad Corporation (GMRC) has filed a verified notice of
exemption under 49 C.F.R. § 1180.2(d)(7) for acquisition of overhead trackage rights
over approximately 61.4 miles of rail line owned by New England Central Railroad, Inc.
(NECR), between milepost 14.46 at White River Junction, Vt., and milepost 99.0 at
Millers Falls, Mass. (the Line).1

GMRC and NECR have entered into a written trackage rights agreement2 that
grants GMRC overhead trackage rights over the Line. Those rights allow GMRC to enter
and exit the Line at certain intermediate points as well as its terminal points, as described
in the verified notice. GMRC states that the trackage rights are among settlement terms
that the Board imposed “as a condition of the Board’s approval” in CSX Corp.—Control
& Merger—Pan Am Systems, Inc., FD 36472 et al., (STB served Apr. 14, 2022).
 #1620140  by Goddraug

Jeff Smith wrote: NECR providing overhead rights to Green Mountain Railroad, which I think is its own subsidiary.
Green Mountain Railroad is actually owned by Vermont Rail System, not NECR. At least, last I checked. I can hardly keep track of what railroad belongs to who these days.
 #1620154  by NHV 669

I heard a rumor of a Newport-Bellows Falls run, since that would cut a day off transit times, but would likely require two crews to run two separate turns to maybe Wells River?

GMRC has been owned by VRS since 1997.
 #1622808  by copcars

Is the train from st albans to Brattleboro running 3 days a week Sunday,tuesday, and Thursday. And the Brattleboro turn to palmer, ma running Monday,wednesday,and Friday. THANKS
 #1624287  by theGottfather

So they are only running 2x/week on the Plamer to Brattleboro sub these days? Is that the same for the south end - Palmer to New London?

Used to live right near the South end line and it was pretty much daily though most trains were short.
 #1624348  by NHV 669

They ran last Friday, although 323 sat in WRJ until Sunday afternoon, when it ran north with a crew cabbed out of SAB. They've run Monday and today so far this week.

Not sure about south of Palmer.
 #1624566  by Fritz

Hello,
From what I can tell, they run most days Monday thru Friday south of Palmer.

Generally, they run south from Willimantic around 0630 or 0700 and work to Yantic and/or New London and then back to Willimantic in early afternoon.

Then the northbound train leaves Willimantic late afternoon and makes the run north to Palmer and then returns back to Willimantic in the evening.

That being said, it seems like Mondays and Fridays are less certain (i.e. no Palmer train on Monday and/or Friday run to Palmer instead of south towards New London in the morning).

I hope this helpful.
Best,
Fritz
 #1624720  by NHV 669

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... 3x3Yls4uzc

Fair use quote:
PITTSBURGH — Genesee & Wyoming will purchase 69 locomotives from Wabtec, the manufacturer’s largest order under its certified pre-owned program.

The order includes 35 Dash 9 and 34 Dash 8 locomotives for the Buffalo & Pittsburgh Railroad; Chicago, Ft. Wayne & Indiana Railroad; Connecticut Southern Railroad; Indiana & Ohio Railroad; New England Central Railroad; and Providence & Worcester Railroad.

“These engines will make our fleet more efficient, enabling us to better meet our customers’ needs for safe and reliable freight-rail transportation,” Michael Miller, president of G&W’s North American operations, said in a press release.
 #1624721  by MEC407

Nice!