Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1607584  by Tanker1497

JohnFromJersey wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:05 pm Wait, they were able to traverse from point A to B on this map???
https://imgur.com/a/jyxZ38N
I did not know the tracks were clear enough for that to happen.
I thought they just tucked them in on RR Ave. Plenty of room for two pieces. The dump was high rail it just got off tracks
 #1607587  by CharlieL

The piece of equip that remained (seen coming off the delivery truck in the photo) is tucked in the short stretch they cleared by Railroad Ave. It's only cleared 100 ft or so. The rest of it needs brush cleared and some dirt removal to get as far as Southard Ave.
 #1607640  by ppbhist

Just read today on the Lakewood Scoop that the Township is attempting to reach out to the D&RRR about the Friday run through Lakewood. Apparently, residents are upset that the Friday drill is disrupting travel through the township in the afternoon, and they would like it changed to a different schedule. Honestly, the D&RRR is in and out of Lakewood before noon most Fridays from my observations. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Not surprised, though.
 #1607641  by Bracdude181

Friday is the absolute worst day to run a train through there. If not for the convenience of the locals, then for safety reasons. There’s hundreds more cars on the road and the tracks are usually flooded with pedestrians.

Can you provide a link to the article ppbhist?
 #1607644  by Bracdude181

So the Friday runs are the straw breaking the camels back? Interesting…

I’m curious as to how far Lakewood will get with this. I’m also hoping that the Friday schedule isn’t the only issue brought to C&Ds attention. The schedule is far from the only issue in town.

Personally, I have a bad feeling that whatever may come of this will be the equivalent of watching a nuclear bomb go off from a safe distance. I hope it isn’t though, as I do believe the issues in town can be resolved if C&D and the township are willing to work with each other.
 #1607646  by Bracdude181

JohnFromJersey wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:57 pm Tuesday - Thursday would be a better schedule system anyway. IIRC, the same crew(s) that run on the FIT do M-W-Th (I think) so it could be an issue for the FIT
Tuesday and Thursday was the schedule under Conrail for a while. Perhaps C&D could try this if Friday runs are this much of an issue. Freehold does not see enough traffic right now to justify three runs a week. Monday and Wednesday would be more than enough.