• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Could be wrong but I think they said something about a low hanging wire near Old Tavern Rd? Nothing serious since it didn’t stop them from continuing like the Cross Street wire incident.

Train will be in Farmingdale in about 5-10 minutes.
  by JohnFromJersey

Just passed through Farmingdale. Does anyone have a car count from when they went down with the full load? I only saw them with the empties.
  by OCtrainguy

JohnFromJersey wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:22 pm Just passed through Farmingdale. Does anyone have a car count from when they went down with the full load? I only saw them with the empties.
They had six cars for Woodhaven when I saw them in Howell this morning. The 752 was leading the westbound run and the 2005 was on point heading back to Red Bank.
  by pdtrains

So where's the video of 752 leading on the southern. Or working Woodhaven would sound nice too.
  by AceMacSD

I hope that you all had fun out there today. To those who think its ok to sit on signal boxes or encroach on the crossings, that's not your property and being so close to the train is dangerous. Please stay clear of the tracks and let us work safely. You don't need to be up against the train to take a picture of it and you definitely do not need to be standing in the gauge to take your pictures. These trains are dangerous and don't care about your shots. Please stay clear of the tracks!
  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

With all due respect. We are grown ups not kids.

We know better on where to stand & how far away we should be away from the train.

Btw my fellow rail friends & colleagues aren’t happy with how the crews are behaving towards the rail fans & the locals in Lakewood.

It’s not good if y’all have a bad attitude towards others that have a hobby of seeing trains. And if WoodHaven & other customers see how “toxic” things are, they will leave!

I’d suggest that the train crews get their act together and start to be more respectful to rail fans & the locals because if not, you will lose the Southern.

Let’s just get along please & if you don’t like it down here either just deal with it or leave