Railroad Forums 

• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1601693  by JohnFromJersey

So, are they bringing a second engine for the FIT and/or SOUS then? I think only having on one engine both limits traffic potential, especially if DRRR wants to start looking for more customers...

In addition, tomorrow/today is Thursday. Like their previous schedules, I would not be surprised if SA-31 brings down 2005 and the Woodhaven load, with 2005 doing qualification runs Thursday, and doing the actual delivery on Friday. I believe it has been said here that Friday's are one of the days that DRRR intends to run trains on.

In addition, how are they going to refuel the engines without having a proper yard?
 #1601715  by Bracdude181

BDRV 1888 is at Prestone. Engine is running, no crew in sight.
They left cars at Builders General.

10:49 am
JB-1 is working Prestone.

11:23 am
JB-1 shoving west through Freehold

11:56 am
Leaving Builders General

12:45 pm
Working Cary Plastics

1:13 pm
Leaving Cary plastics. They were inside Cary for half an hour but did not pick up anything…

1:27 pm
Approaching Schoolhouse road

1:37 pm
Through Downtown Jamesburg
 #1601740  by Bracdude181

Overall, it was fine. A considerably faster run that what SA31 usually does. Safer crew too. They certainly could’ve done much worse.

Really gotta fix that track though. Train was swaying considerably the whole trip up until Mount Vernon. Between there and Jamesburg it’s not all that bad.
 #1601742  by Bracdude181

Especially since they are scheduled to go down on Fridays!!! Absolute worst time to bring the train down!! Gridlocked traffic and hundreds of people on the tracks!!

Also 2005 is still in browns. There wasn’t a crew there so idk if they are running today.