• NYC rerealignment Tonawanda, NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by DGC-24711

I recently drove past the "new" NYC station on Roosevelt in the City Of Tonawanda, the one that replaced the original that still stands when the mainline sat roadside, and it was realigned, and elevated through the city . I looked it up on the "existing stations" site, and asked in that thread:
There's a former station, City of Tonawanda, Erie County. https://www.google.com/maps/place/43%C2 ... d-78.87732

I will guess that this was the replacement NYC station after re-alignment.. How was the station connected to the main line?
I placed the question in its own thread as suggested so it won't be missed.
  by NYCRRson

"I will guess that this was the replacement NYC station after re-alignment.. How was the station connected to the main line? "

The NYCRR Station on Roosevelt St (possibly named after Teddy Roosevelt ?) was built at ground level and had at least one concrete staircase (possibly more than one) that allowed train passengers to climb the stairs up to a platform at track level. Most of that infrastructure was gone / demolished by the 1960's / 1970's while I was growing up in that area.