Railroad Forums 

• Old railroad in Yuba City, CA and Sutter area

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#1597692  by FrontFrank

I have been living in the Yuba City outskirts for over ten years now and just started getting into trains a short time ago. Driving into Sutter i see what looks like an old railroad line. I followed the line east to the Feather River and see an abandoned train bridge. There is an old railroad triangle between Jefferson Ave and Tierra Buena and Redding that looks like it went north into Sanders. Was this a railroad line at one time? What train company used that line? Could this have been an old line that was served out of the Union Pacific yards in Sacramento? Thank you.

Frank
 #1598833  by ExCon90

Since there's been no reply, I'll mention that Wikipedia has a fairly extensive entry on the Sacramento Northern Raillway; it doesn't go into when service ended to Colusa but states that passenger service overall ceased in 1941 and freight service sometime thereafter.