Railroad Forums 

• Native American New Haven Engineer?

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1589280  by AndrewNYC

Hi,

I'm a New York City-based journalist and I'm looking to identify a Native American man who worked as an Engineer for New Haven RR based out of Grand Central Terminal. He would have been in his 50s.

My hope is to find someone who worked at New Haven RR in the 1960s and might remember the man. So I can find out his name and learn more about his story. I know it's a long time ago, but I think a Native engineer was a rarity. I'd be grateful if members of this forum could ask around.

Thanks,

Andrew
 #1590965  by FL92020

Check the book New Haven Division Murray Hill To Cedar Hill page 70 to find a picture of engineer Joe Attean next to an FL9 and a short brief of his other job as a model for a series of bread ads.
 #1591339  by AndrewNYC

FL92020 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:43 pm Check the book New Haven Division Murray Hill To Cedar Hill page 70 to find a picture of engineer Joe Attean next to an FL9 and a short brief of his other job as a model for a series of bread ads.
Thanks! Someone else clued me in and I got the book a couple of weeks ago.