Railroad Forums 

• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1583979  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Wolf, I have observed same myself, although not the observation you noted recorded by Virtual Railfan. For that, I'd need be trackside for whenever #4(31) makes the scene today.

Possibly Beech Grove landed a contract to overhaul those LACMTA cars (or whatever that agency is now known as).
 #1583985  by STrRedWolf

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:09 am Mr. Wolf, I have observed same myself, although not the observation you noted recorded by Virtual Railfan. For that, I'd need be trackside for whenever #4(31) makes the scene today.

Possibly Beech Grove landed a contract to overhaul those LACMTA cars (or whatever that agency is now known as).
Southern California Regional Rail Authority. Some quick Googling also shows a possible retrofit of front-facing cameras in Chicago... but I doubt you'd need to go there for that work.
 #1586523  by Train2009

Colonial Crafts and Lambert's Point will be traveling as follows,

12/10 - Train 42 Philly to NYP
12/11 - Train 91 NYP to DC
12/12 - Train 65 WAS to Newport News, VA and Train 66 Newport News to Boston, MA

12.13 on Train 449 from Boston, MA to Albany, NY
12.14 on Train 238 from Albany to NYP
12.15.2021 on Train 43 from NYP to Philly
 #1587693  by Gilbert B Norman

#3(23) has three PV's in addition to its "normal" six car consist.

One car is the Slerper Berlin; the other two - former UP - a Sleeper and a Dome Obs with an Open Platform. These cars are liveried much like the Berlin in Wagon Lit Blue and Cream.

Anyone?
 #1587795  by John_Perkowski

The two cars belong to Patrick Henry Creative Promotions of Houston TX. Both are ex UP. The dome is a 9000 series car, the back of the obs was opened up. The other I am reasonably sure is a PLACID series P-S Pullman. They summer over on Track 25, Kansas City Union Station.

https://www.phcp.com/the-train/
Gilbert B Norman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:55 pm #3(23) has three PV's in addition to its "normal" six car consist.

One car is the Slerper Berlin; the other two - former UP - a Sleeper and a Dome Obs with an Open Platform. These cars are liveried much like the Berlin in Wagon Lit Blue and Cream.

Anyone?
 #1588247  by AlexC

Boston & Maine "Salisbury Beach", PRR "Colonial Crafts" and an observation car (maybe "Lamberts Point") are on the back of 12/31's Pennsylvanian #43 on the way to Pittsburgh for New Years.

I spotted them at Paoli while dropping my daughter off.
 #1588249  by Gilbert B Norman

Lest we forget how Pat took two of those 6-4-6 "-- Beach" cars and renamed them "Dartmouth College #1" and "Dartmouth College #2" - apparently in view of that he went there and he wanted to get a kid in.

I guess an early version of "Varsity Blues".
 #1591340  by jhdeasy

Private cars PACIFIC UNION and BABBLING BROOK on;

train 19(07) from NYP to ATL.
train 20(08) from ATL to NYP.

The owner is taking advantage of a rare operating opportunity to layover with the Crescent trainset and spend a day parked in ATL.
 #1591608  by John_Perkowski

On book of faces, our own Jack Deasy announced his owner group put MOUNT VERNON up for sale, brokered by Ozark Mountain Railcar.
 #1591631  by STrRedWolf

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:17 pm Observed #3(10) today with its normal six car consist and on the rear former SAL Sun Lounge "Hollywood Beach".

As a bonus, there was a Seaboard drumhead attached.
Virtual Railfan's roundup featured this in today's (Feb 11th, 2022) video on Youtube.
 #1591859  by Bob Roberts

To my surprise as I left Charlotte this morning there was a P42 sitting on an NS rip track adjacent to the station. Its not common for passenger gear to be stored here so I assume it was pulled off either the Crescent or Carolinian (which generally has only one power unit) over the past few days. Or have service reductions and new equipment freed up enough power for more protect sets?