Railroad Forums 

• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1583109  by ericofmaine

Its where the branch to Beecher Falls, VT and previously Lime Ridge, Quebec left the Mountain Division mainline.

Eric
 #1583177  by arthur d.

eustis22 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:44 am is Quebec Junction where the MEC and B&M crossed (Berlin Branch, I think?)
You're thinking of Waumbek Jct, a mile or two ( I don't have any ETT's handy) north of Quebec Jct.
Think in terms of a triangle, starting at Quebec Jct. on the mountain division, and traveling clockwise, you next reach Hazen's/ Whitefield, a reverse move brings you to Waumbek, and another reverse move brings you back to Quebec.
 #1583801  by GTIKING

255 needs GTI orange ASAP!

No but seriously, where are they going to store all of this power?? We could barely switch out cars when I was there! I feel like the railroad is turning into a museum vs operating railroad to move passengers.
 #1583827  by CSRR573

Im very well aware of that, and I know while the group still has work to do to make the structure more stable, Im sure the two have a very good working relationship seeing as CSRR gave them the MEC outside braced boxcar and PTM plow. Helping them work on the building would benefit both parties and probably cheaper and easier then building a whole new facility in Conway.
Last edited by MEC407 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1583831  by NHV 669

7324 is already there to take it down to Hazens. Why would it spend time at the repair shop if it was dropped at the Groveton interchange? 72 went to Stratford because there was no power on the branch to move it south.
 #1583897  by p42thedowneaster

CSRR573 wrote:There is the roundhouse in Bartlett.
Maybe it would make sense for the 470 Club to team up with the Bartlett Roundhouse group? With the N. Conway yard closed to exploring ... How cool would it be to have year-round storage and permitted access to the F7s, 1741, and all the club cars at Bartlett? Perhaps have it open to Bartlett excursion passengers as a bonus attraction? (An opportunity to acquire donations at each tour). Lots of logistics to work out there, but with limited real estate at the Depot some of that space is better used for auto parking.