Railroad Forums 

• Autumn Colors Express -- Who is going? (No one, it’s canceled)

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1550613  by WWW

The ACE (Autumn Colors Express) is as you have noted been cancelled -

HOWEVER

The event will be moved one year to the date operating Thursday thru Sunday Oct 21 22 23 and 24 (2021).

The related consist of cars making up this venture - The Cincinnati Daylight Express will also operate
Tuesday Oct 19 from Chicago to Cincinnati with the equipment deadheading to Huntington WV.

Tickets for both of these are available on sale.

Those with reservations - your reservations were moved intact to the same cars as originally booked.

I and my train partner have reservations on both of these - so ho hum a await of 14 months darn !
 #1581025  by nomis

Another year, another cancellation. 2021 trips are postponed until 2022.

https://railfan.com/autumn-colors-expr ... d-to-2022/
The organizers of the Autumn Colors Express through West Virginia’s scenic New River Gorge have decided to postpone the 2021 edition of the train, which was set to run over four days next month. The decision to postpone the trip to next year comes as West Virginia experiences one of the worst COVID-19 outbreaks in the country.
 #1581114  by Ken W2KB

STrRedWolf wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:23 am This is not surprising. This would be a convention or fest... and you can safely assume if it's not virtual, it's canceled until the end of January 2021. Using a few examples here:

I was hoping to take a train up to Chicago for Midwest Furfest 2020, in December. Tight timing, but a possiblity... but they had to cancel on July 15th.

Another train accessible convention, Further Confusion in San Jose in late January, canceled on July 15th as well.

I'm keeping an eye on Fur The 'More, the last open anthro convention (IMHO), back in March before the region locked down. It may be the first one to be held... but I won't be surprised if Anthrocon in Pittsburgh (July) is the first.

The vaccine has to land first.
Hope you can attend! I was a pre-supporter and thus have my attending membership for the all-volunteer nobody is paid 2021 World Science Fiction Convention to take place in Washington, DC ("DisCon III") and will ride Amtrak from Newark, NJ to DC. Some of the programming will also be provided virtually for those unable to attend due to Covid concerns. It was moved from late August. The con is strictly enforcing a fully vaccinated and mask covering nose and mouth policy except during consumption of food or beverages. That was placed in the con's code of conduct and is enforceable. https://discon3.org/
 #1581116  by STrRedWolf

Ken W2KB wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:20 pm Hope you can attend! I was a pre-supporter and thus have my attending membership for the all-volunteer nobody is paid 2021 World Science Fiction Convention to take place in Washington, DC ("DisCon III") and will ride Amtrak from Newark, NJ to DC. Some of the programming will also be provided virtually for those unable to attend due to Covid concerns. It was moved from late August. The con is strictly enforcing a fully vaccinated and mask covering nose and mouth policy except during consumption of food or beverages. That was placed in the con's code of conduct and is enforceable. https://discon3.org/
An update from my last post: Dad's in rehab and the timing is iffy, so I'm holding off on cons this year. Midwest Furfest in Chicago is in person but it's vax+mask. As much as I love wearing my custom mask around... I think I'm going to wait until Fur The 'More next year. I'm hoping things will burn out by then.

That'll be something... heh, I'll be driving down for sure, given that I want to grab a table and sell my novel. No word on requirements yet.