Railroad Forums 

• Abandoned Milwaukee Road Streamliner

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

#1574405  by Pensyfan19

I have found a very interesting image of what looks like an abandoned Milwaukee Road A class at an unknown location. This photo was originally located on a now-deleted O Gauge Railroading forum about modeling the Milwaukee Road. Even though this closely resembles the A class of the 1930s, there are some notable differences with this shell, such as the extended dome and funnel, larger windows, a smaller headlight, and different grill patterns on the front. The only other clue there is regarding this photo is that it was taken by Gary Holzinger; a Milwaukee Road historian known for documenting the class I in South Dakota, so this could narrow down the possibilities of its location. Does anyone have any further information on what exactly this shell is, and if it still exists today?

Here is the photo of discussion.
 #1574411  by eolesen

Rumor has it this was part of a parade float and went on a truck chassis.

Supposedly in Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk