Railroad Forums 

• "Up North" Gawking (District 1 sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1574335  by markhb

CN9634 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:03 am Its not 'Mainely' rather just Maine Switching Services. It's some of the B&ML guys who run it

https://maineswitchingservices.com/
I think they need a new web design guy; there are several photos showing the same engine, one photo of MEC 52 in its short-lived Kelly green heritage glory, three paragraphs of lorem ipsum and THEN you get to "Welcome to Maine Switching Services. Maine's industrial railcar switching provider." with an email address.
 #1578307  by BM6569

Are they ready to ship product now? I know the full scope of plans has completion a few years out
Last edited by MEC407 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1578311  by roberttosh

In the article that I read, they're already operating one line and are looking to build the second one by 2023. When completed it will be the highest producing lumber mill in the state. They also want to use Enfield as the transloading spot for the Dover-Foxcroft facility. As such, I would say that there must be some traffic available at this point.
 #1578349  by bostontrainguy

Checking Google Earth, there is no indication of a siding but of course the image is years ago. However, there looks like a short track was built across the mainline for staging something. Anyone know anything about that?
 #1578353  by roberttosh

If you google Pleasant River Lumber Enfield, the first search item is a link to their website and in the photo you can clearly see where they cleared a large amount of land for the rail siding/loading area in the lower right side of their property. You can compare that with the older google maps image to see what I'm talking about. Since the website picture was taken, I believe there has already been quite a bit of rail work completed.
 #1578369  by roberttosh

Gotta believe that if this facility is going be the largest lumber producer in the state, combined with the fact that they will be loading product from their big Dover-Foxcroft operation, they could potentially be shipping 10+ cars per day. A nice little present for CSX.