Railroad Forums 

• Current Roster including Leasers

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1551301  by gregorygrice

AlKaLI wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:07 pm I know this post may fit better in CSXT Fresh Pond - Oak Point but it raises a question. This morning at 6:45 AM, as my LIRR train went under the NY Connecting bridge, loaded CDEX cars were being moved into place outbound to CSX. Even saw the power which was: 3 blue GP38-2's ! Looked liked two GATX and definitely 1 CITX. Thought the CITX unit was to be returned off lease? Greg any answers?
They ended up extending the lease. :-D
 #1560906  by Backshophoss

The rentals can wander all over the freight trackage in Brooklyn and Queens,They can only be trailing units in ATC/ACSES territory east of Jamaica.
 #1560975  by mirrodie

gregorygrice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:19 am
mirrodie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:22 pm Is 101 still there? Drove by fresh pond and nowhere to be found
Yup, still active.
Yardgoat or does it leaveFP? Missing o a quiet Saturday am
 #1560976  by gregorygrice

mirrodie wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 pm
gregorygrice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:19 am
mirrodie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:22 pm Is 101 still there? Drove by fresh pond and nowhere to be found
Yup, still active.
Yardgoat or does it leaveFP? Missing o a quiet Saturday am
101 is normally used any of the 3 branches out of Fresh Pond (Lower Montauk, Bushwick, Bay Ridge) just like the leasers.

It was recently borrowed by the LIRR for use at Richmond Hill and was just brought to Brookhaven Rail Terminal to cover while their leaf engine gets repaired.
 #1561009  by mirrodie

Nice to see 101 on a special project. Since it lacks ASC, am I correct to assume it can only stay in their yard?
 #1561024  by freightguy

Already left, I think LIRR will be using it again for track work in East New York as a protect near Jamaica this upcoming weekend.
 #1561062  by mirrodie

freightguy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 pm Already left, I think LIRR will be using it again for track work in East New York as a protect near Jamaica this upcoming weekend.
If it did, where would be it staged as a protect? Near Dunton Tower?
 #1561120  by gregorygrice

mirrodie wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:57 pm
freightguy wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:31 pm Already left, I think LIRR will be using it again for track work in East New York as a protect near Jamaica this upcoming weekend.
If it did, where would be it staged as a protect? Near Dunton Tower?
It will most likely sit in Morris Park or be used as the Richmond Hill Drill like last time.