Railroad Forums 

• New England Central Railroad (NECR)

• For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
    A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
For discussion of the various Class II and III Lines of the Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Railroad Holding Co. short-lines which do not have their own forums as noted:

Their website is here: GWRR.com
A list of their holdings is here: Wikipedia List
 #1563937  by NHV 669

Yes, directly to my right, just into the yard. Wasnt sure, thanks for the answer. There's another one at the end of the North yard, I know both of these are somewhat new. Last 10 years or so?
 #1563961  by Allouette

The ABS signals used to end just south of Nutt Lane, with CTC only between Windsor and Brattleboro. During the 2013 upgrade the ABS signals north of Windsor were added to CTC, as were the north and south switches for the NECR's White River Junction yard, so CTC extends to Mill Road at about MP 16. I think the switch at Bank (south end of the old B&M yard) is still hand-throw but with a CTC-controlled lock.

Google maps and street views images in Google Earth are all from before the rebuild, so signals (except the old ABS signal) aren't there. They do show in the satellite images in Google Earth.
 #1567664  by nydepot

What is the current slate of NECR trains running in Vermont? I'm hoping for a visit in the next few months. Additionally, how often do they run on the Burlington Branch? Thanks.

Charles
 #1567729  by NHV 669

The main road freights: 324 (SB) generally departs St. Albans for Brattleboro overnight Sun- Thurs, where they become 611 (turn job to Palmer). They're through WRJ in the wee hours, and are generally through Cornish/Balloch, NH before 6am. The 611 return usually occurs early afternoon, with 323 (NB) departing Bratt Monday-Friday evenings. They seem to be out of Bratt before 8pm and into WRJ somewhere around 10pm, getting up to St. Albans in the wee hours.

They still run the 500 woodchip train to Burlington, but on an as needed basis in the summer. From what I see from posts elsewhere indicates that it is generally a M-F operation, OD at St. Albans about 9am.
 #1567783  by Fritz

nydepot,
Casey also hit the nail on the head. I'm hearing rumors that the Tuesday night 324/Wednesday night 323 may be abolished, but nothing confirmed yet. There's also a day switcher (501) in St. Albans most days, and a night local (502) that works north Swanton and south to Burlington Sunday through Thursday nights. White River has both day and night switchers (600 and 601) Sunday night through Friday. And, of course, CN runs south from the border to St. Albans 4-5 days per week.
Best,
Fritz
 #1576208  by NHV 669

323 finally made it north out of Brattleboro yesterday, after sitting for several days due to a washout near Putney.

Here's a quick grab of them switching in WRJ north yard, don't really have the chance to catch the road freight on Sunday or in daylight through there anymore.