Railroad Forums 

• Cars and Cargos

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1563670  by rb

I'm seeing a bunch of freight cars on The Island that are new to me. Is anyone able to shed light on what they might carry?

BKTY boxes (UP) -- going to Wheelspur.
WRWK boxes (P&W) -- seen on YouTube
Multi-dome/multi-compartment tanks -- also seen on YouTube

Thanks!
 #1564333  by riffian

BKTY are UP owned boxes that are in Mexican beer service. Return to Kinney, Texas for cleaning when empty. I have not heard or seen these cars, all former per diem cars with shortline reporting marks, in any other service. They were owned by a leasing company from one of the large banks.
 #1564370  by rb

Interesting! There have been 3 of them sitting on the southernmost track at Wheelspur for the last week. Not sure if they are loaded.
 #1565825  by DaveBarraza

Are multi compartment tanks still even a thing?

Who is the customer at Wheelspur taking bulk beer? - Last I remember there was a food importer there importing foods from over the pacific.