Railroad Forums 

• Metuchen Yard Operations and Vicinity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1555342  by amtrakhogger

ME-2 was in Deans Siding on Wed. 10/21 around 5:00 p.m. That is the first time I have seen them switch there in months
 #1557788  by Bulkheadflat

I saw this line of high sided open top hoppers on a siding in the Raritan Industrial park last week, what customer might be getting those? One of them had an old stencil mentioning woodchip service, though not certain if that's still the case.
 #1557844  by ccutler

Thanks for posting the updates Bulkheadflat. Those former woodchip cars are often repurposed to carry construction and demolition debris. Raritan Central could be planning a transshipment facility there?
 #1557889  by Conrail Blue

The high side hoppers are for new customer Yanuzzi Materials. They ship out recycled building materials and they’re located in Heller Park. To get there RC has the cross the mill brook trestle which hasn’t seen a train in probably 20 years. In less six months since taking over Heller Park from Conrail, RC already gained a new customer. Hopefully there will be more to come and Heller will be a busy place again
 #1558054  by Sir Ray

Conrail Blue wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:17 pm The high side hoppers are for new customer Yanuzzi Materials. They ship out recycled building materials and they’re located in Heller Park. To get there RC has the cross the mill brook trestle which hasn’t seen a train in probably 20 years. In less six months since taking over Heller Park from Conrail,
Sounded interesting, so I looked on Google Views for this - the aerial view is older than Aug 2018 (there is a street view around that date of Executive Avenue which shows a building in the process of being demolished, while the building is standing in the aerial view). However, it does show Yanuzzi Materials with a fair-sized hill of soil/dirt on their property, but no siding (oddly, the building to the west, occupied by Felix Storch) has a disconnected siding in fair shape along with a number of dock doors that also seem usable). Anyway, did they just relay the trackage alongside the West side of Yanuzzi with a flat area to load materials via front end loaders, or did they go further and add permanent loading facilities?
 #1559154  by Bulkheadflat

I'd like to find out what specific brands of beers and wines are shipped to Gordon by boxcar, and what area stores they are distributed to, so I can support them. I know many brands move via rail with trailers & containers, but I'd really like to support those that utilize boxcars.
 #1579136  by Bracdude181

ME-2 is currently working on the Delco Industrial Track with CSX 4408. Right now they are working the customer with all the hoppers. I think it’s called Emi Yoshi?

Sorry if I’m not making it too clear. New to chasing this train LOL.
 #1582584  by Bracdude181

Update:

ME-2 is on the General Tire siding. Derail is completely jammed and they lock or unlock it. They have notified Amtrak and are asking for a maintenance truck to fix the derail.