• Stealing "The Brown Streak" onPS2

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

by CSX Conductor

Anybody else ever hijack the "Brown Streak" passenger train on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for PlayStation2? It is possible, but the only thing you can do with it is go forward, stop or go reverse. You can derail it by continuing to accelerate, especially around curves.

There is also a small TOFC freight train.
  by Mike Roque

CSX Conductor wrote:Anybody else ever hijack the "Brown Streak" passenger train on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for PlayStation2? It is possible, but the only thing you can do with it is go forward, stop or go reverse. You can derail it by continuing to accelerate, especially around curves.
Yeah, you can hijack the passenger train and freight trains. After you complete enough missions (Enough to open the entire world, IIRC), you can do freight and passenger missions...you have to travel around and get the train to the stations in a certain amount of time.

My question is whether or not it is possible to switch tracks and/or cars. All that trackwork everywhere (and the branch to the docks, for example) leads me to believe so, but I haven't been able to figure out how. As I said, the freight missions are just to run around and stop at the right place fast enough.

Does anyone know about this?
CSX Conductor wrote:There is also a small TOFC freight train.
If you look closely, you can see that the cars are just engines with no body on them...just the stairs and end handrails. I was surprised myself...

by CSX Conductor

I just get to the next city by hi-jackinga jet or the small propellor plane out of the airport, bu always get shot shortly after landing.

As for the boxcars inside one of the warehouses, I did find body armor there once. :wink:

by Mike Roque

Eventually, you'll be able to use planes at the airport freely. You'll get planes, helicopters, jetpacks, and more.

Keep doing the missions...trust me!