• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by RailsEast

14 Woodhavens & a tank for Bel-Ray, approaching Maxwell Rd at 5:10 in the pm.
  by OCtrainguy

Was hoping for the NS GP38-2 in the Operation Lifesaver paint scheme. But as my experience over the years will tell me, no surprise on the two CSX Geeps today. Guessing transit may have held them a bit longer on the Church Running Track today,
  by CSX4421

SA31 broke down in Farmingdale tonight. 4432s alerted failed again. Depending on what happens there may or may not be a rescue locomotive coming down either tonight or tomorrow. Looks like they won’t make Woodhaven tonight...
  by CSX4421

Seems like the SA38 crew arrived early and will be piloting the SA31 to Woodhaven. Quite an interesting night on the ol southern
  by RailsEast

Sycamore Ave at 0525, not sure if they are going to Browns this morning or parking at Patterson Ave.
  by RailsEast

Train is parked at Patterson Ave if anyone is interested. Look for an afternoon trip back to Browns (no crew yet this morning).
  by RailsEast

Crew onboard at 1:40 in the pm, no symbol heard yet, should be departing soon...
  by RailsEast

This will be the SA-31 this afternoon, holding for clearance from NJT.
  by Bracdude181

As per a friend, PR-08 went to browns today with CSX 6228 LHF and three cars. (????)

6160 went there yesterday and only stayed for a few hours, so Im hoping this won't be the case with 6228.
  by RailsEast

Crew running early today, just saw the hind end as I crossed the line at Shrewsbury Ave. Will try to get specifics shortly...
  by RailsEast

CSX 4421, CSX 4432 with 13 for Woodhaven & one tank, approaching Pine Brook Rd at 4:25 in the pm.
  by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the update on today's run. I see the NS OLS geep wasn't on the Southern run again.
  by NJT4149

OCtrainguy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:06 pm Thanks for the update on today's run. I see the NS OLS geep wasn't on the Southern run again.
The OLS unit was pulled out tonight; 6228 replaced. Both 5286 and 4421 were spotted in Freehold late last night, so it sounds like 5286 had a mechanical issue.
  by Bracdude181

I had a feeling 5286 wouldn't stay too long. I believe 5286 had a traction motor failure but I could be wrong. At least it replaced by one of my personal favorites :D
  by NJT4149

31 just got on the Coast Line with 4421 and 4432. I plan to chase SA-38 tonight... Good luck to those chasing 31 today!
Last edited by NJT4149 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.