• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by flyingfox10

Late to the chat, however it only takes ice built up in a flange way to derail a train. Which couls be as little as an inch of ice.
  by Calebharris39

Any update on the 1751 repaint ?
  by b&m 1566

I was up there a week and a half ago, all engines were outside minus the 7470.
  by b&m 1566

The 2019 schedule is out for those who haven't looked. Does anyone know what AMV stands for? There's 6pm Bartlett Departures on Sundays during the summer for coach only and says return to AMV. Also the Ronda Lee which is a 21+, will only be used for dinner trains during the summer but will be part of the notch train in the fall.
  by p42thedowneaster

AMV = Attitash Mountain Village (my guess)

I think that's a good idea on keeping the RL dome on the valley for the summer! Color scheme-wise, though, things could get a bit busy.

I wonder if there is any hope that the valley train will be painted in Notch colors? I think its time to at least consider it for Choc, and Gertie. (I thinkThe Gertrude Emma has been on the CSRR longer than it was on the Pennsy at this point....time to call it their own)
  by Jonathan

Is the new dome car going to be on all of the valley trains during the summer? Or just the sunset run?
  by NHV 669

"Will only be used for dinner trains" sounds quite obvious, doesn't it?

AMV is definitely the new seasonal stop at Attitash Village, they advertised it last year for select trains to Bartlett.
  by b&m 1566

Jonathan wrote:Is the new dome car going to be on all of the valley trains during the summer? Or just the sunset run?
My guess... they will added on for the dinner train only.
  by Jonathan

Does anyone have any inside information as to what the Johnny Appleseed Express is? Also does anyone have any inside information as to when Railfans weekend is this year?
  by NHV 669

Probably the first weekend of September, like normal.

Edit: based on the short running time, the "Appleseed Express" sounds like a trip to White Mountain Cider in Glen.
Last edited by NHV 669 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by b&m 1566

They don't have any events posted yet, I'm sure that will change soon. One thing that appears to be removed is Thomas the Tank event, there's no break in the notch train schedule or the Conway bound departures. Both of those departures were removed from the schedule to make room for Thomas the Tank. Trains instead went to Glen and return or Bartlett and return.
  by flyingfox10

The Valley Cars will always be a different color from the Notch train because it helps people tell the two trains apart.

As for Thomas, it is hard to be certain, but Thomas is losing the volumes it once had all around. Both at Thomas events, and the TV series. It could be because there are many other kid shows on now, or quite possibly Thomas Land at Edaville.
  by Jonathan

b&m 1566 wrote:They don't have any events posted yet, I'm sure that will change soon. One thing that appears to be removed is Thomas the Tank event, there's no break in the notch train schedule or the Conway bound departures. Both of those departures were removed from the schedule to make room for Thomas the Tank. Trains instead went to Glen and return or Bartlett and return.
Another thing that is interesting is that there is no notch train scheduled for 6/29. Any speculation as to why that could be? Possibly the new Railfan Weekend date?
  by b&m 1566

I have no idea, I wish they had a regular schedule posted that wasn't based off of availability.