• How many ex-NYC RDC's are left?

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

Just wondering if anyone out there keeps tracks of RDC's and knew how many might be left? I know Metro-North scrapped three of them in the early 1990's... out of a fleet of 19, that's a lot! I also know the infamous M-497 was scrapped in the late 1970s. Anyone know of any others?

-otto-

by 56-57

there's one in my backyard. it's aside of my railroad from ohio and my stewartstown 44 tonner. the other stuff hasn't arrived yet.

hope this helps :)

micah

by MC8000

Reading & Northern has the ex-M-499 which has been rebuilt from its RDC-3 configuration to an RDC-1.
The M-499 operated in Michigan along with the M-497 for many years during the 1950s and early 1960s and was a mainstay on the daylight Beeliner service train from Detroit to Bay City on the Bay City branch.

by Otto Vondrak

Hey Micha, let me know when you get that NYC RDC- I assume you're expecting the rest of the 20th Century Limited to arrive soon, too? hehe...

-otot-

by 56-57

dude you got my name, and YOUR name spelled wrong... long day???

take it EASY!!!

micah

p.s. this stuff will look good by my moxahela valley and that tonner!