• Farm Equipment On The Tier

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SimTrains

I guess I'll start the first railroad related topic...

This afternoon I caught a CP train, headin east through Lancaster. It had a normal consist, intermodels, hoppers, boxcars. Then at the very end, the very last car was a single falt car with a farm tractor and some type of miscelanious farm equipment on it. Pretty cool. Just another reason I should always keep my camera with me!! :P Anybody else ever seen anything like that, on the tier?
  by charlie6017

That's pretty cool! I've have'nt seen anything like that.....BTW, I like your signature.....I have been in your shoes, too :roll:

by Sir Ray

Was it a OTTX 60' flat (which were designed exactly for such movements of farm, construction, and military equipment)? Or was it a converted 89' flat?

[OTTX]
http://jbrail.railfan.net/FreightCars/F ... 97060.html

by SimTrains

It had to be an OTTX 60 footer.

by Jason W

It seems like a long time ago now but back in '99 I was studying at SUNY Fredonia. Railfanning one weekend I saw a single older style GE (C30-7 maybe?) pulling about a even dozen big old John Deere Tractors westbound at the signals north of Dunkirk. I always remember that train because they were headed west which meant they were headed towards the John Deere factory rather than away from it (it is in Waterloo, IA, right?).