• Another signal gone-Gravity

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by SST

On my way home today I came up Rt400 from Jamison heading west. As for the past 20 years I expected to see the lights at gravity. Today? Just the new electrical box. Not even a baron mast or pole.

With nothing there but the box do I assume no more signals? Ever?
  by charlie6017

Maybe they are wiring up a dwarf signal? Just a thought.....

Charlie
  by SST

I was surprised to see this because they just updated the signals maybe 2 years ago. The same time they ripped out the Blood Rd signal. If they pulled the signal for good, wouldn't that mean that the double track has been severed?

Who delivers the box cars at the warehouse along the 400? I counted 6 yesterday.
  by ctclark1

SST wrote:If they pulled the signal for good, wouldn't that mean that the double track has been severed?
Not necessarily. Could just mean they're downgrading it to a "non-controlled" siding. With only B&P utilizing the tracks beyond that point it may not be worth the upkeep to maintain that as a controlled or "signalled" siding since the chances of two trains meeting are slim, nothing that couldn't be easily controlled by Form-D's probably, especially if they maintain signals at GJ which would still control access from the siding TT North to the Ebenezer.
  by SST

Curiosity got the best of me tonight so I took a run down and back on the 400. From both directions I could not see any dwarf lights....or any other. The only thing that I could see [besides the box] was the reflective green marker as "Gravity."

The only lights that I could see along the line was the pizza place that sits in between the Harlem Rd overpass and the I-90 just north of the 400. I may have to stop by there.